Thanks for taking the time to visit Makey Mamas- I hope you liked what you’ve seen and that you will be joining us on a creative workshop.
To be added to the mailing list, book a workshop, share ideas for other workshops or to teach your own Makey Mamas workshop contact me at:
If you’d like me to contact you then fill out the form below:
Keep up-to-date by following us at:
My name is Misty. I live in Bristol with my two girls, my partner, our bees, allotment,
our campervan and my mum just down the road! Baby number 2 was born in May 2016 so my brain is much slower then usual!
I’m a trained adult teacher with a degree and professional qualification in Photography. I’ve always worked for arts and sustainability organisations in the 3rd sector.
Makey Mamas gestated along with my oldest daughter. I’ve had a lifelong relationship with making stuff . When I was pregnant that desire was as strong as ever but I struggled to dedicate time to being creative. I wondered if I’d had regular time to spend on it, with others, that I would have had more to show for my intentions. With Makey Mamas, I want to enable other mamas to nurture that creative instinct that many experience during this time.
MAKEY MAMAS SUPPORTS THE ENVIRONMENT BY FAVOURING:
- Travelling by bike to almost half my workshops
- Reusing every item before recycling
- Handmade/ allotment grown/ bee made ingredients
- Organic Carrier Oils and Butters for Skincare workshops
- Using natural pigment paints
- Encouraging carshare and public transport
- Less waste overall
- Sending packaging waste back to the companies for them to reuse
- Using glass packaging where appropriate
MAKEY MAMAS SUPPORTS THE LOCAL ECONOMY BY FAVOURING:
- Local, independent shops for half my workshop materials
- Trading in Bristol Pounds £B and offering a large discount for paying this way
WHAT I COULD DO BETTER:
- Buy less off Amazon!
- Cycling to all of my workshops. Update: I did this up until my 2nd trimester of my 2nd pregnancy.
- Using less paper towel and start using old rags. Update: I now do this.
- All organic skincare ingredients