What is it?
Bristol is the home of trails: there are arts trails, a Gorilla trail, a Gromit trail and then, in 2015, there was the Makey Mamas Mini Bootie trail.
Lots of mini (1.5” long) wool and sheepskin booties were strung up around Bristol for local folk to find. Fun for adults and children alike!
At the end of the trail the surviving Mini Booties were given to the NICU at Southmead hospital to keep the toes of premature babies warm.
When is it?
Starting on Saturday 24th Jan and ending on Saturday 14th Feb 2015.
How to get involved?
There were 2 ways:
1. If people saw a pair of booties on their travels, they sent in a photo of the booties to:
Each and every photo was an entry into the prize draw.
Where are the booties?
All over Bristol! From lampposts to cafes and beyond! Check out our mini bootie map:
Please note: The sad faces on the map represent where mini booties have been reported missing! As some of the mini booties are located outdoors Makey Mamas cannot guarantee that the booties will remain in their original positions. Do let us know if a pair of booties aren’t where they should be.
Why did we do it?
Winter can be a dreary time so these colourful mini booties will bring smile to the faces of all who discovers them! A bit of wholesome sillyness!
Who made them?
The mini booties, which are all made out of scrap materials, have been crocheted by Mamas who’ve attended a previous Makey Mamas Bootie Making workshop.
Each photo sent in or correct treasure hunt guess will be an entry into the prize draw to win 1 amazing prize donated by some local businesses:
- 3 x KudaPasses for 10 entries to KudaCan, where parents and children can play, learn and eat.
- Choice of any Makey Mamas creative workshops for pregnant women or mums.
- A Babygrow from Moodles, an independent children’s clothes shop who are proud to stock British made products.
- An ‘Acupuncture for All’ session at The Health Hub, where you can take control of your health and explore new pathways to wellbeing and vitality.
- Lunch and drinks at Zion Bristol, a South Bristol community arts space.
- A family pass at Bristol Aquarium, a must see city attraction for all the family.
- Coffee and Cake at Bubbahub, a South Bristol Baby Lounge, Cafe & Shop.
- A £30 voucher at Jo Jo Maman Bebe, a clothes shop selling French-influenced clothes for mothers, babies and children.
- A knitting class with Yarn Over Coffee, a South Gloucestershire knitting yarn guru.
- A £20 voucher for a meal at The Thali Cafe, Thali curries and tiffin takeaways in a bright, cosy Indian cafe.
- Coffee and Cake for 4 at Gwennies and Jack’s cosy Cafe in St George Park.
Terms and conditions:
Last entries on 13th Feb 2015
Winners will be announced throughout the mini bootie trail
Multiple entries accepted, and encouraged!!
All photos will be shared on different Media. Please advise if you don’t want your photos used in this way.